When it’s a bad day and you’re in a bad way, it can feel like you live in Never Land.
Life will never get better.
You’ll never have what you want.
You’ll never have a life.
Never Land will lure you and make you feel this is where you belong. This is your life.
Oh, sure, Never Land seems soo comforting in the moment. Nevers are such a wonderful way to describe how it feels. More important, the Nevers can be a good reason to ride the Self-Pity roller coaster. That’s a fun ride.
Until you realize that, when you stay in the Land of Never and ride the Self-Pity roller coaster, you gain weight. Have fights with family members and your caree. Refuse invitations to go out. Tell everyone you don’t need help.
Suddenly, it’s not so fun.
You can’t help but visit the Land of Never once in awhile. Just make sure your trips to the O.K. Coral are more frequent.
Because you will be okay. You life will be okay. And, when you find that you really have what you want, you’ll realize you’ve been okay all along.
You, and your life, are really okay.
- Do you work for a home care agency, Area Agency on Aging or another organization which provides help to family caregivers? Or, do you just want to help family caregivers in your neighborhood? Bring Denise’s seminars and webinars to your community! Denise’s workshops and webinars are now available for sale so you can bring the presentations to the family caregivers in your area. These presentation programs are great to use at your family caregiver conferences, support group meetings, special recognition events, and at Lunch and Learn seminars for your local employers. Take advantage of a June sale; prices go up July 1. Buy here.
- What’s caregiving like for you? Share your experiences in our 2011 Annual Family Caregiver Survey; get a 30-minute coaching session with Denise and a chance to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card. Take the survey here.
- Do you love our comforts? Then, you’ll love Take Comfort, Too, More Reflections of Hope for Caregivers. In Take Comfort, Too, Denise M. Brown takes 108 words—including Parade, Green, Red and Glory—and then turns each into a reflection. The reflections focus on a family caregiver’s reality, sprinkled with hope. Denise’s insights about the caregiving experience feel like a warm hug, a helpful smile and an encouraging nudge. Order here.
- Take a class in our Caregiving Summer School! We’ve got a class to help you start Mondays with a quiet and calm heart; to help you learn the meaning behind your journey; and to help you start your journal. Each class costs $27; Denise leads the class. Register here.
- Your Caregiving Journey airs tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. CT (10:30 a.m. ET, 7:30 a.m. PT) and then again on Thursday at 2 p.m. CT (3 p.m. ET, Noon PT). Listen here.