Kristin, who cares for a family friend (Mary) and was our very first CareGifters recipient, joined me this morning for Table Talk on Your Caregiving Journey. You can listen to our show via the player, below.
You’ll love listening to Kristin, who shares how she became Mary’s family caregiver. Mary, most likely the victim of a traumatic childhood, had abused her children; as adults, her children could not care for Mary. Kristin stepped up to help and moved in to care for Mary.
At the show’s end, she described how she learned compassion from a person incapable of being compassionate. We’re going to continue this discussion when Kristin joins me for another show on Wednesday, June 29, at 9 a.m. CT (10 a.m. ET, 7 a.m. PT); she’ll also share the safety system she developed which keeps Mary safe in the house while she’s out gardening.
And, during the show, Kristin told us about receiving the CareGifters funds, how she used them and what a difference they made for her. The arrival of those funds was truly a miracle. Thanks so much to all who donated!
- What’s caregiving like for you? Share your experiences in our 2011 Annual Family Caregiver Survey; get a 30-minute coaching session with Denise and a chance to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card. Take the survey here.
- Submit your story about “help” (however you define it) for our upcoming book. Deadline is July 1. Details are here.
- Our next show is Tuesday, June 21, at 9:30 a.m. CT. Anna Stookey joins us for a continuation of our conversation about depression in a caregiving life. Listen here.
- Take a class in our Caregiving Summer School! We’ve got a class to help you start Mondays with a quiet and calm heart; to help you learn the meaning behind your journey; and to help you start your journal. Each class costs $27; Denise leads the class. Register here.
- It’s Kristin Day! (caregiving.com)
- Talking Candy, Help and Bands (caregiving.com)
- Tips for Communicating with Dementia (caregiving.com)
- From Worrying to Trusting (caregiving.com)
- Resolving Money (caregiving.com)
- Jail (caregiving.com)
- A 15th Year Celebration (caregiving.com)