Do you know a family caregiver deserving of $10,000 and the title of National Family Caregiver of the Year? Homewatch CareGivers and the National Family Caregivers Association (NFCA) are cosponsoring the National Family Caregiver of the Year award.
1. The nominations for the caregiver award must be submitted by a third party, such as a nurse, doctor, support group leader, friend or family member.
2. Nominations must be received by July 29, 2011.
3. The nominee must have provided care for this individual within the 12 months prior to July 29, 2011.
4. Local winners will be announced September 1, 2011. Local winners qualify for the National Family Caregiver of the Year Award $10,000 Grand Prize, to be notified on October 25, 2011.
5. Homewatch CareGivers will provide a donation of $5 to National Family Caregivers Association (not to exceed $5,000) for every valid, complete, unique nomination submitted via the web nomination form.
6. Local winners will receive a free day of respite care and a scholarship to Homewatch CareGivers University, which will give the educational foundation, skill set and confidence to continue this very important labor of love. Homewatch CareGivers University is a professionally developed caregiver training platform designed to train our caregiver employees, family members providing care, and the greater caregiver community.
To nominate a family caregiver, visit here.
- A 15th Year Celebration (caregiving.com)