Mom Continuing to Improve

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mom is continuing to improve. She woke up this morning with a clear mind, and asked to go outside for some fresh air after breakfast. The twinkle in her eye is back, and she’s smiling again. She’s very weak, but each day has been a bit better for the past 4 days. Her mobility is gone, and she’s probably lost 10 pounds. But, she said grace at dinner tonight and thanked God for being here, and for each day she’s been given.

Tomorrow we head to the big city to meet with the Infectious Disease department, an appointment we’ve been waiting for for the past 3 months. It will be a long day for Mom, but I think it will be worth the trip to get some answers.

9 thoughts on “Mom Continuing to Improve

1. Kay Balsley

Shandi Your Mom looks so sweet sitting there Prayers for both of you Hope you get the answers you are looking for at Drs Appt I know what that is like I have an Dr appt tomorrow It is so hot this wk I am hoping we do not have to can-x it I need some answers also about my husbands leg wound care before I think a Nurse does more damage dressing them.
    I will pray for strength for your Moms long day

2. Jane

Shandi:

I’m so glad that your mom is continuing to improve. What a lovely picture. Did your mom or someone make the blanket that she has on her?

I hope that your appointment will live up to your expectations and you will get the answers that you need and deserve.

Let us know how it goes.

Hugs;o)
    Jane ~ mom to Nicole, 16 yo, VSD, PAH, Eisenmengers, EDS
    Troubles are often the tools by which God fashions us for better things.

3. Sharon

Shandi, I am so happy to hear about the impovements in your Mom. What a beautiful picture of her. She looks like a special woman.

I hope all go well with your appointment today.

Shandi, Thanks for the photo! She looks great – love that the blanket and flowers are the same color scheme! :-) Good luck today at the appointment and hope you get some answers.

5. kristin

Wonderful photo, Shandi. Thank you. Hope your appt gives you the answers you need. I am thinking of you and your mom.

6. Bette

Hi Shandi,
    I’m so glad your mom has plateaued, for her and for you.

I’ve been reading your updates – we’ve been away for a few days. All the “changes” (with C-Dif) required that you spoke of brought back a fatigued feeling for me- from when my mother had C-Dif several years ago.

It’s so interesting what we appreciate – the ‘changes’ becoming less and less. I can remember being so excited and relieved when that all started to taper off. How are you doing? I hope you are able to catch up on some sleep – both physical and mental rest.

I’ll be anxious to see how yesterday’s appointment went. Please update us when you can.

Take Care Shandi. Thinking of you and your family during this unsettling time.