13 thoughts on “Mumsy

1. Jane

Hi Shandi:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope that you are able to get some much deserved rest.

Jane

2. Unit Known as Shandi

One of the most amazing experiences about yesterday was when my 25 year old daughter stepped into the role of taking care of me. She had a very tough time facing Mom’s impending death at the beginning of July. But by yesterday afternoon, she came right over (I was actually lying beside Mom, but on the phone with my daughter when Mom went). She called Hospice. She called the funeral home. She called the 20 or more people on the list I had ready to tell them Mom was gone. She took Mom’s meds to the police station. She handled so many difficult details. The hospice nurse called her “my little pit bull” (with a big smile on her face). It was amazing to see her doing the same things for me that I’ve been doing for Mom. Loving, protecting, handling things. Her best friend, who is an “adopted” daughter to us, also came. They were amazing.

(Thank you Lord, for our determination. Amen…Mom’s prayer in February)

Oh, I am so touched by this!!! What a wonderful legacy for your mom, through you, to your daughter(s)!!! (I have a couple of those “adopted” sons in addition to the biological ones.)
      I believe so firmly that we live by example and that those who “experience” us may not think that they know what we know or can do what we do – but seeing, being, in the moment and just doing what is right is what we learn AND teach by living selflessly.
      Sleep for as long as you need, dear, it’s one heck of a well-deserved rest!

3. Avatar of KathyKathy

Shandi,

Rest now, you’ve done a beautiful job for a long time making your mothers transition as smooth, comfortable and wrapped in love as humanly possible.
    Nobody could ask for more in their life than to be well loved. Your mother surely was.

{{{gentle hugs}}}

TUKAS–We are all so proud of you and what you accomplished. Your mom left with your love in her heart. Thanks so much for keeping us posted.

5. Bette

Hi Shandi,

Your mom is at peace now. No more suffering. And, talking this all over with your dad. She experienced peace through all of this pain and sadness because of your constant love and care. Thank you for that example.

You, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thinking of you and hoping for some good sleep soon. Please take care.

6. kristin

Shandi, you gave your mother a wonderful transition. Thank you for sharing all of this with us. Rest well and take care of yourself.

7. Meryl

Shandi, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. The only consolation is that she is at peace and not suffering anymore. You have been such a wonderful and caring daughter. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this difficult time ((hugs))