Our second session of our Caregiving Summer School starts next week!
Join me for three-week classes that help you manage your caregiving experience. Our school is about you and your caregiving experience, to help feel better where you are right now.
Our classes conveniently take place over the phone (“teleclasses”). Teleclasses are a great way to learn, share and support—without leaving your house. In this summer school session, we’ve got five courses from which to choose. Register for one, two, three, as many as you’d like.
Register for a class via the registration form at the bottom of this page. After you register and pay, we’ll email you the class phone number and access code as well as homework to complete before our first class. The cost of each class is $27. In addition to the cost of the class, you’ll also incur the cost of a long-distance phone call (whatever rates your long-distance carrier charges).
Space is limited so register early to guarantee your space.
Here’s what participants say about our teleclasses:
- I so enjoyed the course from both a professional and a personal standpoint.
- This was phenomenal!
- Denise, you have such an exceptional manner in leading the discussion and your visualization exercise was the best I’ve ever encountered!
- I feel better today. I highly recommend the phone class.
- I just completed a (multi-week) training course for family caregivers; I learned as much in your one-hour presentation as I did in that (multi-week) course.
Our curriculum follows; I’m your leader for each class:
1. Rise ‘N Shine: Start your week with an early morning class focusing on meditation and inspiration. This class is a great way to start your week right. This is a three-week session; a one-hour class each week for three weeks. Cost: $27 plus long-distance phone charges.
Class Day and Time: Mondays (July 11, 18 and 25). Choose from three times: 7 a.m. ET (6 a.m. CT, 4 a.m PT) or 9 a.m. ET (8 a.m. CT, 6 a.m. PT) or 11 a.m. ET (10 a.m. CT, 8 a.m. PT)
2. Batten Down the Boundaries: In caregiving, you can feel like a doormat—everyone steps all over you. You feel unappreciated, overlooked, taken for granted. You want to stand up for yourself, but you worry: Will I hurt my caree’s feelings? Will my family disappear? With clearly communicated boundaries, you stand up for yourself and let go of the idea that you’re hurting feelings or keeping family away. In this class, we’ll talk about the purpose of boundaries and help you gain the confidence you need to set them. This is a three-week session; a one-hour class each week for three weeks. Cost: $27 plus long-distance phone charges.
Class Day and Time: Mondays (July 11, 18 and 25) at 9 p.m. ET (8 p.m. CT, 6 p.m. PT)
3. Help Me Get Help!: You hear it all the time: Accept help that’s offered. You want to… But! Then, you feel guilty because you wonder: Shouldn’t I be able to do this? Or, you think: No one can come in here and do what I do. Or, you worry: How will my caree feel about the help? The idea of help sounds so simple until you try to put it into practice. In this three-week class, we’ll help you come to terms with your guilt and worry about getting help so that you have the help you deserve. Cost: $27 plus long-distance phone charges.
Class Day and Time: Tuesdays (July 12, 19 and 26) at 9 p.m. ET (8 p.m. CT, 6 p.m. PT)
4. Journaling Through The Experience: You feel it—the anger, the guilt, the worry, the anxiety, the frustration. How do you keep those feelings from taking over your life? Documenting your caregiving experience in a journal can be an empowering, releasing experience. We’ll help you get started. This is a three-week class; a one-hour class each week for three weeks. Cost: $27 plus long-distance phone charges.
Class Day and Time: Thursdays (July 14, 21 and 28) at 11 a.m. ET (10 a.m. CT, 8 a.m. PT)
5. The Caregiving Years for Family Caregivers: Our three-week session opens your journey to its meaning. We’ll talk about the stages of the experience, which will help you understand where you’ve been and, more importantly, where you’re headed. The clarity you gain will help you understand your journey’s purpose. The caregiving journey can seem like a journey of questions (Why me? Why now? What now?). We’ll help you find your answers. This is a three-week session; a one-hour class each week for three weeks. Cost: $27 plus long-distance phone charges.
Class Day and Time: Saturdays (July 16, 23 and 30) at 11 a.m. ET (10 a.m. CT, 8 a.m. PT)
Thanks so much for signing up! If you have any questions, please feel free to email Denise.Related