In last week’s poll, What’s Caregiving’s Worst Side Effect?, your top answer was, “I feel like I lost myself.”
I’d love for you to tell us more. For instance, do you feel like you look in the mirror and wonder what happened? Do you feel like you’ve lost your ability to enjoy what you used to? Or, do you look around and think: How did I get to where I don’t belong?
Perhaps others have told you that they don’t recognize you. And, perhaps, you don’t recognize your old friends because who they are seemed to be who you were a lifetime ago.
Share your thoughts about losing yourself in our comments section, below. And, if you found what you lost, please share that, too.
We’re so glad to meet our newest members:
- Kimberly, who cares for her son (and could use some words of encouragement);
- MimbyNYC, who cares for her mom and her aunt;
- Kim, who cares for her mother;
- Aurora, who cares for a grandparent;
- Linda, who cares for her husband and 7-year-old grandson.
We’d love for you to join us, too. Just go here.
- Visit our Caregiving Art Show (caregiving.com)
- Labor (caregiving.com)
- Tell Us: When Does Caregiving Steal Your Spirit? (caregiving.com)
- Accepting to Find the Fairness of Life (caregiving.com)
- Tell Us: What Do You Take Too Seriously? (caregiving.com)
- A Bad Day? Or, a Decline? (caregiving.com)
- Forgiveness: Opening the Door You Kept Shut (caregiving.com)