Tammy, one of our Facebook fans, would love your advice. She writes:
I simply cannot get my mom to take a bath, or shower, or even a sponge bath. Got any ideas? I think she feels unsteady on the bath bench. Maybe she doesn’t like water dripping down her body or on her face while I try wash her hair, even with waterless shampoo.
What suggestions can you offer Tammy? What works for you? Please share in our comments section, below.
- Do you have a conundrum for our community? You can ask for solutions and suggestions from our community of family caregivers. Submit your question here.
- Be sure to share your answer to this question, What do you know about dementia that the world doesn’t?, tomorrow (September 20) during our live call-in talk show. Our show airs at 7:30 p.m. ET. Learn more here.
- Tell Us: When Does Caregiving Steal Your Spirit? (caregiving.com)
- In Six Words, What’s Your Simple Caregiving Tip? (caregiving.com)
- Cooking for Caregiving – Talking with Ellie Krieger (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Manage Caregiving and Your Career? (caregiving.com)