Dictionary.com define responsible as “answerable or accountable, as for something within one’s power, control, or management.” The key component of this definition, Anna said, is the second part: It’s within your power, control or management.
And, that can be so hard in caregiving. You can may find yourself holding on to too much responsibility—otherwise it seems all will spin out-of-control.
Anna suggested that the presence of an overwhelming feeling of stress can be a signal that you hold yourself responsible for too much. What if you were to let go, Anna said, of what you can’t control?
I hope you enjoy our conversation. And, as always, feel free to add your thoughts and insights in our comments section, below.
- I’m Enough, So I’ve Had Enough (of the Doritos) (caregiving.com)
- Talking with G-J (caregiving.com)
- Talking About Your Caregiving Depression (caregiving.com)
- Easy (caregiving.com)
- See (caregiving.com)
- Tell Us: In Six Words, What’s Your Responsibility? (caregiving.com)
- Song (caregiving.com)
- Book Talk (caregiving.com)