A Miracle

This weekend I am going to name “Miracle Weekend” as it is the first weekend in I can’t even remember that Mom spent two days going out of the home!

Mom called this morning saying she wanted me and my boyfriend to pick her up at the home and take her out for dinner. I couldn’t believe that she felt good enough to go out again! My boyfriend’s birthday is next Sunday and I told Mom that we would take him out this weekend just in case she couldn’t make it next weekend for his birthday. We ate, laughed and sang happy birthday to him just like old times!

This makes all the hard times worth it just to see that smile on her face. We still have a date for next Saturday and possibly if she feels up to it to go out with us next Sunday for his birthday!

This weekend was to me “A Miracle”!

7 thoughts on “A Miracle

Yay, Meryl!! I am so happy you had two great days in a row. Happy birthday to your boyfriend and happy day to you and your mom. :-)

Hi Meryl–I love how you made a good day into a great day. What a wonderful way for you all to celebrate. I’m so glad for all of you. I hope you slept last night???

3. Avatar of Bette

Hi Meryl,

I’m so happy for you and for your mom. I hope she is able to go on Sunday as well. Times like you shared can definitely become our miracles – not to be forgotten for a very long time.

Take Care Meryl. Let us know how the week-end goes.

4. Karen

Hi Meryl,

This is so great! I am so happy for you. The good days do make up for a whole lot.

Hugs,
    Karen

5. Avatar of KathyKathy

Meryl,

Relish every moment and think back on them when the times seem hard.
    I’m so happy your mom felt well enough to enjoy the time out and (sassy girl tone) par-tay to boot!! :)

6. Avatar of JaneJane

Hi Meryl:

I so happy that you were able to have this time with your mom. It was a blessing for both of you.

Jane ~ mom to Nicole, 17 yo, VSD, PAH, Eisenmengers, BHJS
    “If you don’t like something change it, if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.”