Over the weekend, I did a mini review of 2011. I wondered: What did I learn that will help make 2012 different?
My biggest takeaway from 2011? Worrying wastes my time. (I still worry but I’m trying to remember that it really wastes my time.) The worrying just adds more stress when I’m already stressed. Rather than worry, I’m much better off when I take action or ask for help or accept a reality. More important, instead of worrying, I can choose to trust and believe that solutions exists. I may not see the solutions today, but I can trust I will know them tomorrow.
I’d love to know: Which lesson did you learn in 2011 that you will bring into this year? Please share yours in our comments section below. We’ll choose a winner to receive Take Time, A Journal and Journey Toward Greater Happiness During an Unhappy Time (Caregiving). And, congrats to Janet, who won Take Comfort, the CD set and book, for sharing her six-word wish for 2012. (Update: Oops! Janet already won Take Comfort, the CD set and book, so she’ll receive a copy of Take Time. Connie will receive Take Comfort, the CD set and book. Congrats to Janet and Connie.)
–Our free webinar will take place on Wednesday, January 4, at 11 a.m. CT (Noon ET, 9 a.m. PT). We’ll take about how to give yourself a chance in 2012. To join the webinar, just come back to the website at 1 a.m. CT (Noon ET, 9 a.m. PT) on January 4.
- Letting Go Versus Giving Up (caregiving.com)
- In Six Words, What’s Your Wish for 2012? (caregiving.com)
- Webinar Follow-Up: How Will You Manage Family Meetings? (caregiving.com)
- Webinar Follow-Up: What’s Your Escape? (caregiving.com)
- Webinar Follow-Up: Which Gift Will You Give Yourself? (caregiving.com)
- Webinar Follow-Up: How Will You End the Blame Game? (caregiving.com)