We Break for Winter: With Whom Will You Drink Hot Chocolate?

Deutsch: Becher Kakao mit Sahnehäubchen und Ka...

Image via Wikipedia

During our winter break, we’ve been out in the snow the past few days. So, now it’s time to come in for a break and a cup of hot chocolate. And, you get to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate with anyone you want. Yes, anyone. Cher, Prince William, your best friend. Anyone.

So, with whom will you drink your cup of hot chocolate? And, what will you talk about? Please share in our comments section, below.

Share in our comments section for a chance for you to win a Movie Madness gift pack, which includes all you need to enjoy an at-home Movie Night. During We Break for Winter!, we’re giving away a gift pack a day. And, when you share, you’ll also be entered into a chance to win one of our grand prizes. Congrats to Kaye who won yesterday’s basket for sharing about her snow angel.

Enhanced by Zemanta
Profile photo of Denise

About Denise Brown

11 thoughts on “We Break for Winter: With Whom Will You Drink Hot Chocolate?

1. Francine Werlinger

I would like to share a cup of hot chocolate with Michael Landon! The way he was in Little House on the Prairie! Maybe we could even have it on the set – in their little log cabin home! What can I say…..I’ve ALWAYS had a crush on him as Pa!!!!!!!!!!!

• Profile photo of DeniseDenise Post author

Well, Francine, I’m going to tag along with you on this one. I would love to be inside that log cabin! And, I would love Ma to make us a few biscuits to go with the hot chocolate. You can have Pa, I’ll just take the biscuits. :)

2. Profile photo of JaneJane

I would love it if Jesus would come to my house and have a cup of hot chocolate with Nicole and I.

Jane~mom to Nicole, 17 yo, VSD, PAH, Eisenemengers (dx 1/22/10)
    BHJS (dx 2/4/11)
    You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

• Profile photo of JaneJane

I loved reading all the responses and I would love to also have hot chocolate with my mom.

Jane~mom to Nicole, 17 yo, VSD, PAH, Eisenemengers (dx 1/22/10)
      BHJS (dx 2/4/11)

3. Donna Webb

Ha! That’s easy. My lady I take care of has a cup of hot cocoa everyday, well, actually several times a day! It is her coffee substitute. We have actually switched her from the cocoa (high salt) to Ovaltine (lower salt and uses milk which gives her more calcium, Vit D and so on). While she is having her first cup in the morning, I must tread lightly in the conversation department, nothing heavy to discuss. Her focus is on that cup! Sometimes I will join her in a cup of cocoa in the afternoon, about 3:00, maybe have a couple cookies as well. This is a time we can get some good conversation in usually, like two gals chatting over a cup of java!
    Yup, hot cocoa is a must in her daily routine, can’t start the day without it!

4. Bette

I love thinking about this – boy do I wish I could have a cup of hot chocolate with my Dad (he passed away in 1990). He would know the answers to so many of my questions. He was my very best friend.

5. Profile photo of sharonsharon

I don’t know if we will be sharing hot chocolate, but next week Thursday morning and the following Thursday morning I will be sharing time with a lady from my church who experienced a stroke some months back. She has been in the hospital and then in a nursing home, but now insurance will not pay for this anymore. So she came home on Monday. Since she can not be alone, various church members and/or friends will be taking turns to stay with her.

Also I continue to love spending time at the Gathering Place most Tuesdays. This is a social program in our area for adults with beginning to moderate Alzheimer’s and a wonderful respite for their caregivers. I love engaging in the social activities and eating with these wonderful participants. Usually, however, hot chocolate is not on the menu for snacks and the noon meal!

So as a former family caregiver, I guess once a caregiver always a caregiver.

6. Profile photo of Roaring MouseRoaring Mouse

I think I would have hot chocolate with my aunt who passed away a few years back, have her kibbutz (yiddish for babble) about our daughter, critique my writing (her education was less then high school but I always got A papers when I read them first to her) as well as my activities, and listen to her wisdom on life as it relates to me being a caregiver. As a kid I was always intimidated by her. As an adult I loved her, but as a caregiver I respected her and valued her opinions (as she was a “miss personality here I come!!” kinda person). I still miss her but we would have had a lot of fun drinking hot cocoa and chatting about life.

7. G-J

I would love to have a cup of hot cocoa with my parents, neither of whom are here now. My Mom would actually have coffee. My Dad, who used to say that if he didn’t have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning, “My stomach would think that my throat had been cut” would actually have drank cocoa. He gave up coffee cold turkey when told it wasn’t good for some health issue he’d been having. I know they are so proud of my son, but I would love for them to experience us again.

8. kristin

I would have cocoa with my sister, who lives 3000 miles away in CA. We would talk about anything but caregiving (she cares for her 80-year-old husband, who has dementia),

9. Profile photo of ejourneysejourneys

There are a number of people I’d love to have cocoa with, but one in particular comes to mind — an online friend (we’ve never met in person) whom I’ve known for over a decade. I imagine we’d talk about music, writing, some serious stuff, some silly stuff, the people we love, our own brands of spirituality, more. He has a wonderful way of not mincing words that I can learn from (I think of the TV character Maude). I speak my mind, too, but sometimes I could stand to be a little less polite. :-)