G-J shared a video with me the other day called “Best Job.” Created by Procter and Gamble, the commercial honors all moms by featuring the moms behind Olympic athletes. The message is simple: The hardest job in the world is truly the best job in the world.
G-J sent a message to P&G and suggested they make a similar commercial for family caregivers. I also think it would be great for you to make your own video about caregiving, explaining the difficulties of an experience that also can be incredibly meaningful.
So, turn on your cameras and start filming! We’ll feature your videos on Caregiving.com and on our YouTube channel. Some guidelines for you:
1. You can create a video that features just you or you and your caree.
2. Keep your video to under five minutes.
3. Express (or show) the difficulties you face in caregiving and then tell (or show) why it’s also a meaningful experience. Speak from the heart about both the challenges and the blessing(s).
4. Upload your completed video to YouTube (it’s easy to create a free account) and then send me a link to the video. You can email me or send me a private message through our site.
Have fun! I look forward to watching your videos!
- What’s the “Stuff” Caregivers Say? (caregiving.com)
- Video: How to Transfer from Chair to Bed (caregiving.com)
- Video: How to Use a Gait Belt (caregiving.com)
- And, What will You do For Me? (caregiving.com)
- The Saving Grace of Community (caregiving.com)
- Video: A Great Scoop (caregiving.com)
- The Faces of Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- Business (caregiving.com)
- Bright (caregiving.com)