Today, we focused on creating, and then communicating about, your caregiving budget. Often times, it’s the thought of talking to family members about the caregiving budget which can make the budget the loudest four-letter word in our day. We begin to just HATE the budget.
Ellen and I talked about some common fears we have when we talk about money and offered strategies which can help you feel more comfortable and confident when you have to present the numbers.
So, I’d love to know: How do you handle communication about your caree’s caregiving budget with other family members? Do you provide monthly updates? Updates when requested? Please share your experiences in our comments section, below.
- Table Talk airs on Saturday at 10 am. ET (9 a.m. CT, 7 a.m. PT). Kathy will join me to follow up on her recent post about the tiredness in caregiving. You can listen to our show and join the chat room here.
- Start creating! Our Caregiving Art Show takes place the second week of September; you’ll find details on how to enter your artwork here.
- We’re looking for forgiveness stories for our next book in our CareGifters series. Learn more about how to submit your story here.
- Share your photos in our A Caregiving Day in Photos; details are here.
- Film your video about what makes caregiving meaningful and add it to Bette’s! Watch hers here and get details on our campaign here.
- Be sure to join our groups to connect with others in a similar situation. And, in our groups, you can ask for suggestions as well as share your invaluable knowledge. Members join our groups for free; to join our site so you can join our groups, go here.
- When Have You Advocated Against Yourself? (caregiving.com)
- Dementia Care: Would a Doll Soothe My Mom? (caregiving.com)
- How Could Emergency Rooms Improve? (caregiving.com)
- What’s Your Soul Food? (caregiving.com)
- Book Club Discussion: Back to the Summit (caregiving.com)
- “Inside E Street” – Focus on the Working Caregiver (caregiving.com)
- Table Talk Live: Trish and Richard (caregiving.com)
- Now Available: Your Comedy Book (caregiving.com)