Catching Up with Kristin
Yesterday, Kristin, who blogged about caring for Mary until Mary’s death on July 31, joined me on Your Caregiving Journey. I asked Kristin to join me to share about her life after caregiving. You can listen to our show via the player below.
Kristin joined us in February 2011. She became our first CareGifters recipient in April of 2011. I love having Kristin on the show because she shares so openly about her experiences. (I’ve posted links to my previous shows with Kristin below.)
Yesterday, she shared her frustration that she couldn’t make Mary’s last days easier; Mary’s physician assistant wouldn’t prescribe morphine and Hospice wouldn’t join Kristin in the push to get the prescription.
Kristin also spoke about her life now–that she struggles to fill her mind and her days. So much of her thoughts, she explained, focused on Mary. She also worried about where to live after Mary’s death–her limited income means she can’t find affordable housing near Mary’s home. She will move to Mexico on November 2 to move closer to friends; a friend has an apartment waiting for her. Kristin will share about her transition to life in Mexico on AfterGiving.com.
We’ll have one last chat with Kristin before she leaves for Mexico on October 29 at 10 a.m. ET (9 a.m. CT, 7 a.m. PT).
Previous Shows with Kristin
- Kristin shares her story and the difference the CareGifters funds made for her here;
- Kristin talks about learning compassion from Mary here;
- Kristin shares how she moved from depression to acceptance about her caregiving role here;
- Kristin describes her burn-out here;
- Kristin tells us how she feels about taking her break to cure her burn-out here.
- Our weekly care plans remind you to keep, rather than lose, yourself in caregiving. Download your plan for the week of September 30 here.
- Join Us on October 21 for our First Annual CareGifters Walk-A-Thon (caregiving.com)
- Now Available: Your Forgiveness Book (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Define Forgiveness? (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Protect Your Caree’s Privacy As You Seek Support? (caregiving.com)
- Add Forgiveness to the Care Plan (caregiving.com)
- The Shifting Perspective on Help (caregiving.com)