Have You Fired a Doctor?
Last night, our panel of family caregivers convened for our Hot Topics show on Your Caregiving Journey. The panel (Bette, Jane, ejourneys and Richard) discussed this question: How much do I push my caree’s doctor? You can listen to our show via the player below.
During the show, ejourneys mentioned that she attended a conference for family caregivers in which she heard, You can fire the doctor. I’m curious: Have you fired your caree’s doctor? If you have, I’d love to know more, including if you explained to the doctor why you fired him or her. Please share your experiences in our comments section, below.
(Note: We continue the conversation about working well with doctors on Twitter on Sunday (10/21) at 8 p.m. ET. To join us, go to tweetchat.com, log in to your Twitter account and follow our hashtag: #carechat.)
- Hot Topics: Where’s the Help? (caregiving.com)
- How Much Do I Care? (caregiving.com)
- How Can Hospitals Improve the Discharge Process? (caregiving.com)
- I’m So Over… (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Protect Your Caree’s Privacy As You Seek Support? (caregiving.com)
- A Caregiving Day in Photos (caregiving.com)
- The Shifting Perspective on Help (caregiving.com)
- The Clutter Struggle (caregiving.com)
- How Anger Steals Your Happiness (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Use the Stages of Alzheimer’s? (caregiving.com)