On Tuesday, Claire Day, our dementia care expert, joined me to share tips on managing the holidays on Your Caregiving Journey. You can listen to our show via the player below.
During our show, Claire shared tips on how manage the special days during the holidays as well as the holiday season. The best way to manage the season, Claire said, is to prepare for it. Give thought to what will work for you and your caree during the holiday season and then make plans around those needs.
You’ll also want to prepare family and friends for your caree’s current status, which may have changed since the last visit. You’ll also want to share strategies family members can use when communicating with your caree.
Finally, Claire said to share the care; ask others to take over your responsibilities during the holiday season and important days so you have moments to socialize and enjoy.
What tips can you add? Please share in our comments section, below.
- Webinar Follow-Up: What Will You Change This Holiday Season? (caregiving.com)
- A Podcast: Managing Holiday Stress (caregiving.com)
- If Only… (caregiving.com)
- Tell Us: Holiday Tips for the First-Time Family Caregiver (caregiving.com)
- Holiday Survival Guide (caregiving.com)
- What’s Your Holiday Magic? (caregiving.com)
- What’s Your Choice? (caregiving.com)
- What’s Your Holiday Spending Plan? (caregiving.com)