Today, on Your Caregiving Journey, Cali Williams Yost, author of TWEAK IT: Make What Matters to You Happen Every Day joined me to discuss fitting together a career and a caregiving role. You can listen to our show via the player, below.
Cali and I spoke about how you can put controls in your life that can feel so out-of-control. You also can add choice into your day, which reminds you that your life can include choices.
Cali explained the difference between the experience of parenting and that of caring for family member–a differentiation still unrecognized in many corporate cultures. We also talked about whether or not there’s room for emotion in the workplace, especially because caregiving is such an emotional time. (Trish and I will talk more about this on Saturday’s episode of Table Talk, which airs at 10 a.m. ET, 9 a.m. CT, 7 a.m. PT.)
Our conversation leads me to wonder: What do you want so you keep your job and manage your caregiving responsibilities? What do you find yourself wishing for on a regular basis? Please share your thoughts in our comments section, below.
- Finding Your Fit with a Career and Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- Your Marketability Because of Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- Get Ready for Our Virtual Ride (caregiving.com)
- Book Club Discussion: Blue Nights (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Stay Motivated? (caregiving.com)
- Can We Unlearn Unhappiness? (caregiving.com)
- With Self-Care, You Keep (caregiving.com)
- Setting Your Financial Goals (caregiving.com)
- The Story Always Gets Out (caregiving.com)
- Competing for Caregiving (caregiving.com)