Trish shared more about her conversation with her caree, Robert, and his wishes (you can read her post about the conversation here) as well as conversations with her husband, Richard (@kreisler). We also talked about how hard it can be to follow wishes which we worry may not be best for our caree.
And, that led to a discussion about Trish’s father and his decision not to go on dialysis. Her father’s death has haunted Trish; we worked through her worries and emotions to find, I hope, a final resolution.
What do you think? Do you agree with my suggestions about Trish’s dream the night before her father’s funeral? Share your comments, below.
- Caregiving and Your Career: What Do You Want? (caregiving.com)
- A Caree Shares His Thoughts About End of Life (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Manage Caregiving’s Slooooow Motion? (caregiving.com)
- Working and Caregiving: Emotions in the Workplace (caregiving.com)
- Book Club Discussion: Blue Nights (caregiving.com)
- Competing for Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- When Do You Need Comfort? (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Tell the Truth? (caregiving.com)
- Setting Your Financial Goals (caregiving.com)
- Could I be a Family Care Manager? (caregiving.com)