As you know, we launched an initiative last year called CareGifters. Through CareGifters, we fund caregiving solutions, one family caregiver at a time. Whenever we can, we raise $500 to give to a family caregiver; the family caregiver uses the money to fund a solution for one (or more) of their challenges.
We raise money for CareGifters through direct donations and through our CareGifters Book Series, which includes Help, released in February, Comedy, out in June, Forgiveness, published in August, and Gifts, released in December. (You can purchase your copies here.)
Our fifth book will feature your stories about love. For this theme, Love, share a story about how you’ve been touched by love because of caregiving. It could be that you have a new perspective about love, understand a new way to love or find yourself in love in a different way. Whatever love means to you during caregiving, we’d love to read your story about it.
We’re taking submissions for the Love book through January 21.
Here are the guidelines for submission:
1. Your submission must be 1,500 words or less.
2. Your submission, in the form of an essay, short story, narrative or poem, must be related to the book’s theme of “Love.”
3. Your submission is, in essence, a donation. With your submission, you acknowledge you will not receive reimbursement upon the book’s publication.
4. We may not be able to include all submissions in the book. We will notify you whether or not your story will be included by January 25. Each published submission will feature the author’s by-line, bio and website link (if applicable).
5. To enter a submission, email your story by January 21 to email@example.com. Please only attach Word or .txt documents (no PDFs). Include your name and phone number in your email.
6. Our goal is to publish the book in early February. Proceeds from the book’s sales will benefit CareGifters.
If you have any questions, feel free to email Denise.
Thanks so much! We look forward to receiving your story about love.
- CareGifters: Giving to L’Tanya (caregiving.com)
- Now Available: Your Gifts Book (caregiving.com)
- The More Open You Are, The More You Help Others (caregiving.com)
- Now Available: 2013 Calendar (caregiving.com)