This morning on Your Caregiving Journey, Heather, who helps care for her father, joined me to share her caregiving story. You can listen to our show via the player below.
Heather, her husband and their son live miles away from her parents. When her mother became overwhelmed from caring for her father and her great aunt, Heather and her family moved closer for a year. And, yes, they brought their careers along.
During our show, Heather shared how she kept her job during her year back home helping with caregiving. I’d love to know: Have you proposed something similar to your employer? What happened? Please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences in our comments, below.
(Program Note: Heather joins me to continue our discussion on Thursday, March 14, at 12:30 p.m. ET (11:30 a.m. CT, 9:30 a.m. PT). You can listen to our show and join the chat room here.)
- Looking for Work While Navigating Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- Because We Need Help, Are We Burdens? (caregiving.com)
- What’s the Worst Caregiving Emotion? (caregiving.com)
- After the Dementia Diagnosis: What Now? (caregiving.com)
- Caregiving and Your Career: What Do You Want? (caregiving.com)
- Working and Caregiving: Emotions in the Workplace (caregiving.com)
- A Conversation About Our Cruise (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Manage Caregiving’s Slooooow Motion? (caregiving.com)
- When Do You Get Tangled? (caregiving.com)