Looking for Work While Navigating Caregiving
This afternoon, Kathleen (@MimbyNYC) joined me on Your Caregiving Journey to share her caregiving story. You can listen to our show via the player, below.
Kathleen’s caregiving story began after losing her corporate job in 2008. Within a short period of time, she found herself looking for a job while looking after her dad, her mom and her aunt. Her job search finally landed her a full-time job, which she began just a few weeks ago. She continues to care for her mom and her aunt, who both live in separate homes. Her dad passed away in 2009.
With so much going wrong in such a short time, I asked Kathleen to discuss how she found the focus to search for a job. We also talked about whether she worried if she could keep a full-time job and manage the needs of her mom and her aunt. During our show, you’ll hear that Kathleen has a centered, calm approach to facing what’s in front of her.
Have you looked for a job during your caregiving experience? I’d love to hear your experiences; please feel free to share in our comments section, below.
- What’s the Worst Caregiving Emotion? (caregiving.com)
- FMLA and the Working Family Caregiver (caregiving.com)
- In Six Words, What’s a Caregiving Fear? (caregiving.com)
- Working and Caregiving: Emotions in the Workplace (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Manage Caregiving’s Slooooow Motion? (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Tell the Truth? (caregiving.com)
- Because We Need Help, Are We Burdens? (caregiving.com)
- The Future of Caregiving: A Designated Family Caregiver? (caregiving.com)
- Caregiving and Your Career: What Do You Want? (caregiving.com)