A Moment of Anger, a Prompt for Support
Michelle shared her caregiving story, which began last October when her boyfriend, Jahn, had a heart attack at work. After months of hospitalizations and rehab, he returned home in January. Michelle talked about the adjustments they’ve made, which includes cutting back hours at her teaching job for Michelle.
I asked Michelle what brought her to CareGiving.com. During a moment of anger, when Jahn didn’t tell the truth about following treatment plan, she decided she needed support. She joined our site and then jumped into participating in our groups–Three Positives, Caregivers Create and VRide. We are lucky to have her with us; she gives back to us through her sense of humor and compassionate spirit. You’ll often see Michelle in our chats, connecting and sharing with our other members.
I’d love to know: What happened that make you realize you needed to support? Please share your stories in our comment section, below.
- Now Available: The Caregiving Years, Sixth Edition (caregiving.com)
- ARGH: It’s Not About Putting Your Life on Hold (caregiving.com)
- What If We Find Our Life in Caregiving? (caregiving.com)
- VRide Update: Join Our Cross-Country Trip (caregiving.com)
- When Parenting and Caregiving Collide, Do You Let Your Kids Off the Hook? (caregiving.com)
- Join Our Newest Group: Caregivers Create (caregiving.com)