Would you like to volunteer at CareGiving.com? We’d love your help with our groups and special activities.
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Blogging about our talk shows and video chats. After listening to episodes of Your Caregiving Journey and watching our video chats, you post a show recap. You share what you liked about the show, what you learned from the show and what you wanted more of. Update: Jane was quick to snag these–so she’ll post recaps of our talk shows and video chats. Thanks, Jane!
- Moderating CareGiving.com chats. Currently, we have chats scheduled monthly and weekly (on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET and Wednesdays at 2 p.m. ET). Our group’s community managers help me moderate our group’s chats and @ejourneys and @jbones1961 help me with our weekly chats for all members. I’d love to add more weekly chats for all of our members. So, if you have availability, please let me know and I’ll help you run another weekly chat.
- Managing our groups. We need a community manager for our Caring for Spouses group, Caring for Spouses While Raising Kids group, Caregiving Men group, Dementia Care, Early Stage group, Dementia Care, Middle Stage group, Dementia Care, Late Stage group and Caring for Parents and Kids group. As community manager of the group, you check in with group members, start group discussions and help moderate our chats.
Depending on your volunteer position, you’ll spend a few hours each week helping out. I’ll help you get started as a volunteer and provide ongoing support. And, whenever you need time off, you have it.
Volunteering is a great way to get to know other members. Our volunteers receive a wonderful t-shirt and my undying gratitude for helping. If you’re interested, just send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dementia Care: How Do You Make It? (caregiving.com)
- Dementia Care: What’s Your Best Coping Strategy? (caregiving.com)
- Phone Buddies: Volunteers Provide Check-in Calls (caregiving.com)
- New Groups and New Group Feature (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Taking Caregiving Public (caregiving.com)
- In Six Words, What’s a Caregiving Day Like? (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat Tomorrow: Caring for More Than One (caregiving.com)
- What If We Find Our Life in Caregiving? (caregiving.com)
- Caregiver Bloopers: Mom’s Appointments, Vicodin, Viagra and Volkswagens (caregiving.com)
- Tell Us: Your Advice to a Friend New to Caregiving (caregiving.com)