How do you prepare for the unknown?
With Mom, she’s had so many things happen in such a short period of time (three years), it has to be taking a toll on her body not to mention her heart with all the excess fluid she is retaining. The issue there is, your kidneys want fluids however your heart doesn’t. When your kidneys are only working at only 45 to 50% of normal, you can’t get rid of the fluid quick enough and it the backs up around your heart and lungs, making it harder to breath.
That’s just the main issue. Mom has many other medium to small issues which affect the main issue and “ANY” new medicine can conflict with the (12-15) others she takes and put her in the hospital.
So back to the original question: How do you prepare for the unknown? Can you prepare for the unknown?
- Visited Mom the Day After (caregiving.com)
- The Test (caregiving.com)
- Co-Caregiving: Developing into a Team (caregiving.com)
- Tonight: Story-Telling Thursdays (caregiving.com)
- Absent, AWOL and At A Loss (caregiving.com)
- Checking In (caregiving.com)
- Family History: Passing Down the Conversation (caregiving.com)
- Video: Welcome (caregiving.com)
- The Decline (caregiving.com)