Enter Your Art in Our Third Annual Caregiving Art Show
Our Third Annual Caregiving Art Show, which will feature the art of family caregivers and carees, will take place September 8 through September 14. Proceeds from our Caregiving Art Show will help support our CareGifters program and CareGiving.com. Beginning today, you can enter your artwork for the show via the form below. The deadline to enter your art is September 5.
Here’s how it works: Any family caregiver and caree can submit photos of their art (whatever art you enjoy, including paintings, sketches, cake decorating, sculptures, photographs, woodworking, handwork) through September 5. A family caregiver is anyone providing care to a family member or affected by a caregiving situation in his or her family. A caree is anyone receiving help from a family member.
We’ll display the art from September 8 until September 14 in an art show on CaregivingArtShow.com. (You can visit the site to enjoy last year’s artwork.) During the art show, visitors will vote for their favorite art. Based on visitors’ ratings, we’ll award a first, second and third prize in three different categories:
1. Family caregivers and carees ages 5 through 7;
2. Family caregivers and carees ages 8 through 11;
3. Family caregivers and carees ages 12 through 16:
4. Family caregivers and carees ages 17 and above.
You can enter as many pieces as you’d like; the entry fee for each piece is $25 in the adult categories, $10 in the children’s category. The artist also has a choice of listing his or her art for sale. When you submit your art, we’ll ask for information about your caregiving situation (for whom do you care or from whom do you receive care) and whether you’d like to make your art available for sale.
We’ll award first, second and third prizes for each category:
- In the first two categories (family caregivers and carees ages 5 through 7 and 8 through 11), the first, second and third prizes will be $30, $20 and $10.
- For the the second category (family caregivers and carees ages 12 through 16), the first, second and third prizes will be $50, $25 and $15.
- For the the third category (family caregivers and carees ages 17 and over), the first, second and third prizes will be $50, $25 and $15.
Beginning today, you can submit your entry via the form below. Please submit a separate form for each artwork you plan to submit (i.e., you’ll submit three forms and pay three entry fees if you want to enter three pieces of art). You can enter as many pieces as you’d like. The deadline to enter your art is September 5.
(Please note: Our Caregiving Art Show is a work in progress. We may adjust some guidelines as we go along to make it easier for our artists, our art show visitors, and/or me. We’ll keep you posted. And, if you’d like to a sponsor of this year’s Art Show, please send me an email for details.)