Thought to just check in as it has been some time since we last got together here.
Been pretty hectic what with kids finishing school and all.
However, the major event has been the very sudden serious illness of my mother-in-law who for the past week has been engaged in battle with flesh-eating disease.
What a surreal experience.
My wife Katie has been remarkable and a huge support to her dad.
Don’t have many observations at this point save to deliver one little piece of advice – wear good gloves when gardening. A little puncture can wreak havoc.
One other observation – the likelihood of contracting this disease is about the same as getting struck by lightning or winning the lottery. Either is preferable.
Let’s talk soon when I’ve more brain matter functioning.
Hope all in this community are well!
- Hold On Loosely, But Don’t Let Go (caregiving.com)
- Do the Good Times Outweigh the Bad? (caregiving.com)
- NOOOOOO! Not the Cat!! (caregiving.com)
- Epilogue 2012: Diagnosis, Displacement, Departure (caregiving.com)
- Letting Go Let In Enjoyment (caregiving.com)
- Why End-of-Life Conversations Matter (caregiving.com)