More on Caring For Parents :)
It seems like caregiving is unending to me. I read Ketzela’s blog and I can understand depression almost winning. Just because we are caregivers does not mean we don’t need help in our life issues as well (like my internal tape saying, Hey why are you typing this???).
This morning I gave Mom flowers, to which she said. “Thank You, now put them over there.” I guess you had to be there (or not) because it wasn’t so much the “put them over there”, it was I can never seem to do enough which for me almost takes over many days.
Bless your hearts for understanding! Il
- Who Speaks for the Speechless? (caregiving.com)
- AARP: Workplace Policy Solutions Needed for Working Family Caregivers (caregiving.com)
- Depression and Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Taking Caregiving Public (caregiving.com)
- Co-Caregiving: Recognizing the Pitfalls and Avoiding the Sinkholes (caregiving.com)
- Frustrating Night (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Managing After the Diagnosis (caregiving.com)
- Limits (Bedtime, Healthcare Workers, Self) (caregiving.com)