Needed: Your Stories About Loss
As you know, we launched an initiative in 2011 called CareGifters. Through CareGifters, we fund caregiving solutions, one family caregiver at a time. Whenever we can, we raise $500 to give to a family caregiver; the family caregiver uses the money to fund a solution for one (or more) of their challenges.
We raise money for CareGifters through direct donations and through our CareGifters Book Series, which includes Help, Comedy, Forgiveness, Gifts, Love and Decisions. (You can purchase your copies here.)
Our seventh book will feature your stories about loss. For this theme, Loss, share a story about a loss you’ve faced during your caregiving experience. It could be a loss you watched your caree experience–and it broke your heart. It could be a loss that you felt–and it broke your heart. It could be about what you worry you may lose. It could be about a loss from which you’re still recovering. The story could be about losses you overcame on your own or with your caree or as a family. It could be about losses you suffered, which amazingly brought you to a place of gain. The loss could be about friendships, money, expectations, time, dreams or an aspect of a relationship.
We’re taking submissions for the Loss book through
July 15. We’ve had requests for extension so our new deadline is July 29.
Here are the guidelines for submission:
1. Your submission must be 1,500 words or less.
2. Your submission, in the form of an essay, short story, narrative or poem, must be related to the book’s theme of “Loss.”
3. Your submission is, in essence, a donation. With your submission, you acknowledge you will not receive reimbursement upon the book’s publication.
4. We may not be able to include all submissions in the book. We will notify you whether or not your story will be included by July 25. Each published submission will feature the author’s by-line, bio and website link (if applicable).
5. To enter a submission, email your story by
July 15 July 29 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only attach Word or .txt documents (no PDFs). Include your name and phone number in your email.
6. Our goal is to publish the book in early August. Proceeds from the book’s sales will benefit CareGifters.
If you have any questions, feel free to email Denise.
Thanks so much! We look forward to receiving your story about loss.
- Our Decisions Book Is Out! (caregiving.com)
- It’s Casandra’s Day! An Anonymous Donor Will Match Today’s Donations (caregiving.com)
- When You Give, You Give Hope (caregiving.com)
- We Hold Solutions, Not the Government (caregiving.com)
- ARGH: It’s Not About Putting Your Life on Hold (caregiving.com)
- Tell Us: Your Advice to a Friend New to Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- What If We Find Our Life in Caregiving? (caregiving.com)