Emptied of Strength
Today was awful. Brandon woke up this morning and he didn’t feel well. I have been attempting to work with him on working through a morning in which he does not feel well. Well the morning turned bad quickly. He picked up the garbage can and began throwing up. This tells me his blood glucose is high. Took his blood sugar and he was HI. I had him pee in a cup and we tested for ketones and he had them.
Then the anxiety set in. Brandon is sick, we now have to begin the water and testing his blood glucose every two hours. I am also supposed to be at a conference that starts in about 45 minutes for work. What do I do? I have no one here to help me. My ex-husband has disappeared and we have no idea where he is. My family lives in another state and I have only lived in Indiana for about a year and really have no friends to help.
The anxiety is so thick I am not sure that I can breathe. I hate the feeling of worrying about my job when my son is sick. I am not sure how to pull it all together some days. How to be two people in two places.
I feel emptied of strength.
- Numbers (caregiving.com)
- The Aftermath of a Diagnosis: Anxiety (caregiving.com)
- I Can’t Play Piano When My Fingers Aren’t Happy (caregiving.com)
- Advocating For Myself (caregiving.com)
- Starting a Support Group: 10 Quick Tips (caregiving.com)
- Round and Round We Go (caregiving.com)
- Be Brave (caregiving.com)
- In Ten Words, How Does Your Caregiving Day Start? (caregiving.com)
- Co-Caregiving: Tips for Success (caregiving.com)
- Dip (caregiving.com)