Mom’s Shopping Trips, Just Because….
My mom is very keen on when her monthly check comes in. I get excited anticipating her excitement. My husband and I have always done our best to do outings with her and to make sure she has money in her wallet, just because.
My family can’t seem to understand why we continue to give her money for her wallet because “she never really goes anywhere.” Just because…. She gets excited and happy just knowing that she HAS her own money. Even if it’s $1.00, she’s happy! “Why do you guys take her to buy the same thing over and over again? Well just because! She’s happy with a million new washcloths, 10 million towels. (I exaggerate, but she has A LOT). My husband and I find joy in her happiness at the store when she grabs what she wants and whatever she can fit in her arm on her lap.
So for August, our shopping trip is for…. sweaters. lol! “Mom, you have a ton of sweaters!” To that my mom replies, “Can I get the ones with flowers on them?” Ooook. Please don’t misunderstand, we are far from being well-off. We do continue with our financial struggles, but it’s not her fault that she’s in the state that she’s in right?!?! Even when none of her incontinent supplies and medication etc. were covered by insurance, we always made sure she had something!
Sometimes I feel like the bad days outweigh the good days by a whole lot. But it’s great days like that, that make it all worth it!
Have a great day/evening my Caregiving.com family!
- A Gift From God (caregiving.com)
- My Mama Is a Rockstarr (caregiving.com)
- Co-Caregiving: Recognizing the Pitfalls and Avoiding the Sinkholes (caregiving.com)
- If There’s So Many of You, Why Is Caregiving Still So Lonely? (caregiving.com)
- Caregiving Bloopers: George Michael and Graceldoor Return to the 80′s (caregiving.com)
- Loneliness, Depression and Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- Dealing with (someone else’s) Depression (caregiving.com)
- Easy Breezy Summertime (caregiving.com)
- Who Stands By You When it Hits the Fan? (Literally) (caregiving.com)