Tonight: Story-Telling Thursday
Tonight, we air Story-Telling Thursdays, which takes place at 8 p.m. ET (7 p.m. CT, 5 p.m. PT). To listen to our story-tellers, just come back to this page tonight.
Join us tonight for two stories, each lasting seven minutes. Tonight, join @trish and I as we tell you one of our stories.
Would you like to be a story-teller? Our next Story Telling Hour takes place on July 11 (we’ve adjusted for the Fourth of July holiday). Here’s how it works:
1. We’ll use Google Hangouts for our Story-Telling Thursdays. To participate, you’ll need a webcam. You also must be caring for a family member or friend.
2. Story tellers will have seven minutes to tell a story about themselves. The story can be about caregiving. Or not. It just has to be about you. A good story has a beginning, middle and end. The best element of a good story is vulnerability.
3. We’ll share three stories on the first Thursday of every month for a show that airs at 8 pm ET (7 pm CT, 5 pm PT). The event will air live and will be recorded. To participate, you must be available for about one hour, beginning 30 minutes before our show airs and then until the show ends.
4. Story tellers can read their stories or refer to notes. The story must be prepared and must be told within the allotted seven minutes.
5. Some questions to ask yourself as you consider whether or not to be a story teller:
- Am I ready to tell this story?
- Do I understand my story?
- Is this venue (a virtual one) the best audience to tell my story?
- Do I understand what I want by telling my story?
- Do I understand what my story means?
You don’t have to have the answers to all these questions but they help you think through your story and your readiness to tell it.
6. To sign up for our next Story-Telling Hour (Thursday, July 11, at 8 pm ET, 7 pm CT, 5 pm PT), just complete and submit the form below. We’ll choose three for our first show and schedule others for our next show (Thursday, August 1).
- Tell Us Your Story (caregiving.com)
- Give to CareGiving.com (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat Today: Co-Caregiving in a Marriage (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Why Don’t Family Caregivers Like Online Tools? (caregiving.com)
- Debut of Storytelling Thursdays (caregiving.com)