Video Chat: Storyteller Thursdays
On July 11th was the second storyteller Thursday in which Denise Brown and Trish @trish each told a story. It was an awesome video… you really need to watch it
Be sure to watch the video and as always make sure to leave a comment. If you’d like to a story-teller for our August 1 show, just complete the form below the video.
1. We’ll use Google Hangouts for our Story-Telling Thursdays. To participate, you’ll need a webcam. You also must be caring for a family member or friend.
2. Story tellers will have seven minutes to tell a story about themselves. The story can be about caregiving. Or not. It just has to be about you. A good story has a beginning, middle and end. The best element of a good story is vulnerability.
3. We’ll share three stories on the first Thursday of every month for a show that airs at 8 pm ET (7 pm CT, 5 pm PT). The event will air live and will be recorded. To participate, you must be available for about one hour, beginning 30 minutes before our show airs and then until the show ends.
4. Story tellers can read their stories or refer to notes. The story must be prepared and must be told within the allotted seven minutes.
5. Some questions to ask yourself as you consider whether or not to be a story teller:
- Am I ready to tell this story?
- Do I understand my story?
- Is this venue (a virtual one) the best audience to tell my story?
- Do I understand what I want by telling my story?
- Do I understand what my story means?
You don’t have to have the answers to all these questions but they help you think through your story and your readiness to tell it.
6. To sign up for our next Story-Telling Hour (Thursday, July 11, at 8 pm ET, 7 pm CT, 5 pm PT), just complete and submit the form below. We’ll choose three for our first show and schedule others for our next show (Thursday, August 1).
- Video Chat Today: Co-Caregiving in a Marriage (caregiving.com)
- Debut of Storytelling Thursdays (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat Tomorrow: Caring for Children (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Managing After the Diagnosis… (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Why Don’t Family Caregiver’s Like Online Tools? (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Worried About End-of-Life Decisions? (caregiving.com)