Every day this week, we’re celebrating CareGiving.com’s 17th birthday with activities and prizes, including a grand prize of $300. We’re mingling our birthday celebration with our ability to disrupt.
Today, we’re breaking to disrupt our life with forgiveness.
I think we all carry a regret or a shame. Maybe it’s not something we think about every day or every week, but once in awhile, the memory comes up. And, we can feel that memory begin to control who we are. The memory haunts, belittles, controls. It’s awful.
So, today, let’s forgive ourselves for what we we wish we would have done differently or better or not at all. Let’s disrupt our lives by being to kind to ourselves, by realizing we’re doing the best we can and by letting a second chance, rather than a past regret, rule our day.
Here’s mine: I’m going to forgive myself for the path of my life, which I’m doing the best to follow but sometimes wonder how I got to where I am. And, often, where I am seems to simply be revisiting where I was. So, I want to forgive myself for what hasn’t worked in my life, for having to make difficult adjustments in order to be able to keep going, and for the hopes I have which have yet to materialize. Because I forgive myself, I can be in myself in the world and, most important, I can be in my life without apologies.
Then, share how you had fun in our comments section, below. When you post a comment here, you’ll be entered into a chance to win one of our daily prizes and one of our grand prizes. To win a daily prize and/or a grand prize, you must be a family caregiver, a member of CareGiving.com and participate in one of our daily disrupt activities. Not a member of CareGiving.com? It’s easy and free to join; just go here.
Today, let’s let forgiveness change our life.
Congrats to the winners of yesterday’s daily prizes:
–@donna won a copy of @ejourney’s eBook, Caregiving in Five Lines;
–@thpurplejacket won copy of our eBook, An Anthology: Help, Comedy, Forgiveness, Gifts, which features the stories of family caregivers;
–@trish won Take Comfort and Take Comfort, Too, the MP3s, audio versions (in my voice) of my books, Take Comfort and Take Comfort, Too.
Look for an email this afternoon with your win.
Learn about our week-long birthday celebration, including our eligibility requirements to win the daily and grand prizes, here.
Be sure to share what caregiving is like for you in our annual family caregiver survey. Take our survey here. Please ask other family caregivers you know to complete the survey, too. (Thank you!!)
- Birthday Celebration: Today, Honor Your Caree with a Story (caregiving.com)
- Birthday Celebration: Today, Invite Others to Join Us (caregiving.com)
- Join Our 17th Birthday Celebration for a Chance to Win $300 (caregiving.com)
- Birthday Celebration: Have Fun (caregiving.com)
- If There’s So Many of You, Why Is Caregiving Still So Lonely? (caregiving.com)
- ARGH!!! to “Family Caregivers Don’t Self-Identify” (caregiving.com)
- It Sucks When You’re a Have Not (caregiving.com)
- Enter Your Art in Our Third Annual Caregiving Art Show (caregiving.com)
- Seventeen (caregiving.com)
- Add Your Listing to our Caregiving Discount Center (caregiving.com)