Birthday Celebration: Give Thanks for Family Caregivers

Thank_you_pinned_noteEvery day this week, we’re celebrating CareGiving.com’s 17th birthday with activities and prizes, including a grand prize of $300. We’re mingling our birthday celebration with our ability to disrupt.

Today, we’re celebrating on Facebook by sharing a gratitude for family caregivers.

Whenever you can today, share an update on your Facebook page that expresses thanks for all family caregivers. Your update could look like this:

I care for my (insert information about your caree). It’s been one of the toughest experiences in my life. And, yet, I have moments and days that make me forget the tough times. Today, I’m giving thanks for all the others like me in the world, who get up every day and make a difference in their families and in their communities. I’m so grateful to be in your company! And, if you’re caring for a family member, join me at Caregiving.com where we share stories, support and solutions.

Once you share your update, let us know in our comments section, below. When you post a comment here, you’ll be entered into a chance to win one of our daily prizes and one of our grand prizes. To win a daily prize and/or a grand prize, you must be a family caregiver, a member of CareGiving.com and participate in one of our daily disrupt activities. Not a member of CareGiving.com? It’s easy and free to join; just go here.

Today, let’s give thanks and give a voice to family caregivers on Facebook.

Congrats to the winners of yesterday’s daily prizes:
@smsopi-lemauga won a copy of @ejourney’s eBook, Caregiving in Five Lines;
@tneumann won copy of our eBook, An Anthology: Help, Comedy, Forgiveness, Gifts, which features the stories of family caregivers;
@2ndheartmom won Take Comfort and Take Comfort, Too, the MP3s, audio versions (in my voice) of my books, Take Comfort and Take Comfort, Too.

Look for an email this afternoon with your win.

Resources
Learn about our week-long birthday celebration, including our eligibility requirements to win the daily and grand prizes, here.

Reminders
Be sure to share what caregiving is like for you in our annual family caregiver survey. Take our survey here. Please ask other family caregivers you know to complete the survey, too. (Thank you!!)

Profile photo of Denise

About Denise

6 thoughts on “Birthday Celebration: Give Thanks for Family Caregivers

1. Profile photo of RichardRichard

Thank you to all caregivers who made a choice to care for a loved one or a friend. Let them know how much you appreciate them by going to Caregiving.com, open the “Birthday Celebration Give Thanks to Family Caregivers,” page and just follow the directions, it’s that’s easy. Your post will be read by other caregivers from far and wide. I did posted mine.

2. Profile photo of ChrisChris

As you know, I care for my partner Bernard Richard Schiffer know in some parts of the internet as The Little One, aka TLO. The last two evenings have been difficult for him as the tumor has a mind of its own. Yet even in those difficult Caregiving days, it is an honor to be a caregiver Today, I’m giving thanks for all the others like me in the world, who get up every day and make a difference in their families and in their communities. I’m so grateful to be in your Caregiving company! Caregivers have the innate ability to understand each other and be there for each other in their time of need. If you’re caring for a family member, join me at Caregiving.com where we share stories, support and solutions. Caregiving.com is like having an extended family. Thank you Denise Brown for Caregiving.com! Stop by and say hello and join our extend family of Caregives from all over the world!

3. Profile photo of CasandraCasandra

Posted a cutesy pic of Thank You notes in different languages with the following: Today, I’m giving thanks for all the others like me in the world, who get up every day and make a difference in their families and in their communities. I’m so grateful to be in your company! And, if you’re caring for a family member, join me at Caregiving.com where we share stories, support and solutions.

Keeping it simple. I tend to talk about my hubby a lot. Trying to focus the energy on all the others :) Happy Thursday, all!

4. Profile photo of CHRISTINE

I give Thanks to. . .

Our wonderful professional successful organized, and down to Earth Denise for making Caregiving the best site ever. She is always there for people and puts hard work EVERYDAY.
    My biggest thanks to you, Denise .. A very Happy 17th Birthday and many more years to celebrate!!
    Read and give Denise her well deserved props!! Clap Clap!!

5. Profile photo of donnadonna

Posted on Facebook:
    After being a caregiver for almost six years, I know the loneliness that often accompanies this labor of love. It’s essential to know there are others with similar feelings and experiences. I appreciate those who are walking the same path. I know the tenuous balance between struggle and joy. I’m thankful for the support I receive on Caregiving.com, and invite others who are caring for a family member to join as well.
    “We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.” ― Herman Melville

6. Profile photo of TrishTrish

I came in under the wire with this post to Facebook:

This is Birthday Week for http://www.CareGiving.com and I’m happy to help support it as it turns 17 years old! I don’t think I even realized I was a caregiver until I joined Denise Brown and met so many wonderful people caring for parents, spouses, children, grandparents and even family friends. I’ve been involved in the site for a couple of years now and am grateful to all of these friends and caregivers and want to give a huge thank you to them and caregivers everywhere. (That’s a big shout since there are 65 million of us!) A very special thank you to all the working caregivers out there because, well, we have our own challenges juggling work and caregiving. Of course, a “thank you” does not seem enough to give to Denise who works 24/7 to give caregivers a place for support & resources without judgement. It’s Shark Week, too, but you won’t find any sharks on the site – just friendship and support! :-)