But, before that end, we encounter other ends that create just as much internal chaos. Some days, we wonder if we’ve reached our end, as in the end of our rope. The worry about our end when we’re stretched too thin and then required to do more than that. The worry about our end when we feel we’ve reached our capacity on what we can understand and then we’re challenged to comprehend even more.The worry about our end when we feel we’ve adjusted the best we can and then we’re tasked with yet another change.
During those days when we’re asked to give and do even more, we can feel we’re at our end. We’re at our capacity. We have nothing left, not even one last drop in our reserve. We want to cry because we can’t believe we’re facing more yet again, but we can’t even muster the energy for tears.
At our end, how can we continue?
You can continue because it’s simply not your end. You are too wise and tenacious and important to be at your end. You’ll regroup, get help, research options, educate yourself. You’ll plug along, step by step. And, when all those steps lead you through the latest challenge, you’ll look back and think, “I see now that this last test actually led me to a better place.”
Know you’re not at your end. You’ve reached a new beginning. That’s why it feels so stressful and awful and uncomfortable. You’re reaching for that next mountain top because that’s the next you’re ready for. With each new top you reach, you see more of what life can be for you.
When it feels like you’re at your end, know you’re climbing into a new beginning. You’ll be amazed at where you’ll land.
- “The More I Think About This… (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Worried About End-of-Life Decisions (caregiving.com)
- Tackling the Driving Dilemma (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Worried About End-of-Life Decisions? (caregiving.com)
- “It’s Too Hard for You” (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Know When It’s Time? (caregiving.com)
- Constricted (caregiving.com)
- When the Lights Go Out, What Do You Worry About? (caregiving.com)
- Search (caregiving.com)