Prayer for Grandma
My Nursey Sister is an incredible person who is teaching us much about praying. Awesome Hubby and I spent a Saturday at a class on prayer at her urging. It was so wonderful. So, I thought I would share a prayer the three of us pray out loud (very important) every morning for Elly. You can insert your favorite name if you’d like to use this for yourself. Since we have started praying this prayer, we have found that Elly has not been obsessed by the thermostat for the A/C nor the PG&E Bill that is $400+ this month and last month. She seems much calmer and relaxed without trying to control everything/everybody. I believe in the power of prayer with my Heavenly Father being my resource.
“In Jesus’ name we extend God’s shadow of protection over (name) and her mind. Shield her from all harm and every form of deception. Lord Jesus, we honor You and worship You as Lord of all.
We ask You, Holy Spirit to draw (name) closer to Yourself according to Your desire, purpose, and will. May she recognize Your love and presence and listen to and respond to Your voice. Protect her from the evil one and free her from the lies she has heard or believes. Surround her with Your presence. Shield her with Your power. Command Your angels to guard her in all her ways. We surrender (name) to You and place her under Your dominion and free her to do Your will.”
- Grandma’s Rules (caregiving.com)
- Gamer Grandma (caregiving.com)
- Who Knew? Who Remembered? (caregiving.com)
- Fighting Fair (caregiving.com)
- My Mama Is a Rockstarr (caregiving.com)
- I’m Sorry, Grandma. Tomorrow Will Be Better. (caregiving.com)
- When A Blessing Comes In Different Package (caregiving.com)
- Tribute to Stacy and Clinton (not really) (caregiving.com)
- Vacation Was Good (caregiving.com)
- Judgement Free Zone (caregiving.com)