Jane asked me yesterday during our video chat how I’ve been able to keep going. I’ve been giving her question more thought.
The answer came to me this morning. I began this morning as I all do all mornings: Before I get out of bed, I grab my iPhone or iPad and check the website to make sure it’s still up, we don’t have any spammers and to see what happened over night. And, this morning, like just about every morning, remarkable happened over night. New posts, new interactions, new connections. When I see this, I hop out of bed. I can’t wait to get to the site.
You keep me going.
I really believe that CareGiving.com is about life–that what we share and talk about and connect about is life. This is life’s heart and soul. I often say that parenting teaches you how to love and caregiving teaches you how to live. And, that’s what happens here: Life.
I love it here. And, that’s what keeps me going.
Our birthday celebration starts tomorrow! Be sure to visit CareGiving.com every day to participate and for a chance to win $300.
Previous posts about CareGiving.com’s birthday:
–Happy Birthday, CareGiving.com (2009)
–Today, We Turn 14 (2010)
–15 Wishes for You (2011)
A few fun facts about the Internet, then and now:
- In 1996, 20 million Americans used the Internet for 30 minutes each month. The Internet (which we called the “world wide web”) had 100,000 websites in January 1996 and would grow to number 650,000 by January 1997.
- In June 2013, the Internet comprised 672,985,183 websites, according to NetCraft.com. Average time spent with digital media per day will surpass TV viewing time for the first time this year, according to eMarketer’s latest estimate of media consumption among US adults.
- You can view how CareGiving.com has looked over the years on the Wayback Machine on archive.org.
- Join Our 17th Birthday Celebration for a Chance to Win $300 (caregiving.com)
- If There’s So Many of You, Why Is Caregiving Still So Lonely? (caregiving.com)
- ARGH!!! to “Family Caregivers Don’t Self-Identify” (caregiving.com)
- What’s Caregiving Like for You? Take our Annual Survey (caregiving.com)
- Add Your Listing to our Caregiving Discount Center (caregiving.com)
- Now Available: An Anthology: Help, Comedy, Forgiveness, Gifts (caregiving.com)
- Starting a Support Group: 10 Quick Tips (caregiving.com)
- It Sucks When You’re a Have Not (caregiving.com)
- Enter Your Art in Our Third Annual Caregiving Art Show (caregiving.com)