The Proverbial Straw Carrying Camel
How is that I am pretty fresh off of vacation, however I’m stressed out all over again?? As grateful as I am that Mike’s body waited until we were home to develop yet another cellulitis infection, it would be better if it hadn’t happened at all. He feels terrible again now that he’s back on antibiotics for the third or fourth time this year.
Also, my brother called last night to let me know that our youngest uncle (only five years older than my husband) was in the ICU as he had some sort of infection that was causing his kidneys to malfunction. Just what I needed, more good news. Guess how much sleep I managed last night?
Today was brighter though with Mike’s antibiotics kicking in and my uncle being weaned of the respirator. Turns out he had either a bug bite or foliculitis that become infected and then turned septic. I’ll know more tonight. The part that scares me the most is that the continuous cellulitis flare ups that Mike gets could lead to that type of infection if he doesn’t get on antibiotics right away, although with this continuously happening he is liable to develop a resistance to the antibiotics. I think I need another vacation.
- Why Can’t I Be Superwoman? (caregiving.com)
- Listen Here! (caregiving.com)
- Is It Okay to Laugh Now? (caregiving.com)
- When No Doesn’t Work (caregiving.com)
- An Update on Smokey and My Mother-In-Law (caregiving.com)
- Taking Vacations, Hallucinations, Dealing in General (caregiving.com)
- I Can’t Play Piano When My Fingers Aren’t Happy (caregiving.com)
- Objects in Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear (caregiving.com)