And the Award Goes to…
Just a short update…
Last week, I flew to the Dominican Republic, leaving my grandma in the capable hands of my mom, brother, and uncle. I had been a missionary there for five years and was returning to attend an award’s ceremony. The dance show that our Christian hip hop dance team produced this past year had been nominated for Best Event of the Year. And much to our surprise, WE WON!!
It surprised me how much I missed my grandma, and how much she missed me. The morning that I arrived, I followed my mom into her bedroom. Not realizing I had gotten home, the look on Grandma’s face was priceless. “Denine!” she exclaimed with the biggest smile I have ever seen.
My mom and brother did great. My brother was actually alone with grandma for the first day and a half. The last thing I told him before I left was something like, “You’ll be fine. What can go wrong?” Famous last words! He was definitely initiated into “Grandma-Care” after dealing with diarrhea and getting my morning-hater grandma up to go to the doctor’s. HE deserves an award!
Anyway, I will miss the Dominican Republic, but I know that I’m exactly where I need to be.
- Grandma’s Rules (caregiving.com)
- I’m Sorry, Grandma. Tomorrow Will Be Better. (caregiving.com)
- Grieving Over Life’s Sudden-ness (caregiving.com)
- Gamer Grandma (caregiving.com)
- Fighting Fair (caregiving.com)
- My Mama Is a Rockstarr (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Caring for Grandparents (caregiving.com)
- Tribute to Stacy and Clinton (not really) (caregiving.com)