Mary, one of our fans on our Facebook page, shared an article about caregiving that appeared in Quad-City Times. The article, A Generation in Transition: Caring for Elderly Loved Ones, begins with these two paragraphs:
In one 10-day period, Jill Teats drove three of her elderly loved ones to 18 doctor’s appointments: There were eight appointments one week, 10 the next.
From the Teats home in rural Erie, Ill., that represented about 19 hours of driving time, and that doesn’t include the time spent in physicians’ waiting rooms or helping family members get ready to travel.
@Trish wrote yesterday about yet another trip to the emergency room on Thursday, making September a month of three stays in or trips to the hospital.
I wonder what about your record. How many doctors’ appointments have you taken your caree(s) to within a month? How many hospitalizations have you had within a month? I don’t think others understand how much time you spend within the healthcare system. So, let’s tell them.
Please share your record for hospitalizations and/or doctors appointments in our comments section, below.
- Add (caregiving.com)
- Keeping the Light On (caregiving.com)
- Out of Phase (caregiving.com)
- Slices of Life (caregiving.com)
- Why Can’t I Be Superwoman? (caregiving.com)
- Seven Ways to Manage Stress (caregiving.com)
- Transplant Appointment … (caregiving.com)
- Robert’s Turn in the Hospital (caregiving.com)
- Emergency Room! (caregiving.com)