Now Where Is My Raincoat?
It’s rainy and muggy, the beautiful cool, dry day of yesterday has left us with the anticipation of hot and humid by tomorrow. I’m going to get wet at the recycling center, yuck. Every movement is a painful effort for Mom today, not to mention the game we are playing this week: laxative vs. no laxative. The carpenter the painting company sent has been pounding on the house for two days. The first day to do the job wrong, the second day, after calling the field supervisor, better – but still not great. (Can you call it supervising if you show up, tell someone what to do, and never come back to check?) If the carpenter is lousy, what does that bode for the paint job? Hubby hardly slept last night so he is in a crappy mood, not enhanced by needing to check on the carpenter’s work. Between his restlessness and listening to Mom’s walker rattling on the bathroom floor during the night, I’m running on empty!
At least the cat and the bird aren’t squalking!
There, I said it. I vented. Time to get on with the day. Now where is my raincoat?
- I Can’t Play Piano When My Fingers Aren’t Happy (caregiving.com)
- Making the Right Call (caregiving.com)
- Who Hit the Panic Button? (caregiving.com)
- Just One Page (caregiving.com)
- Why Can’t I Be Superwoman? (caregiving.com)
- My Own Worst Enemy (caregiving.com)
- An Update on Smokey and My Mother-In-Law (caregiving.com)
- Who Stands By You When it Hits the Fan? (Literally) (caregiving.com)
- I Wonder if I Can Do This Forever (caregiving.com)