The Caregiving Gourmet
I think I’ve completely lost my mind. Actually, I’m pretty sure I have. First of all, I have been working a second part time job to go with my full time job so this past week has been about 60 hours long. To top it off it is Thanksgiving in Canada and guess which insane person offered to host both families at her house? Yep, that’s right, me.
In all of this we are also preparing for Mike’s first visit with home care on Wednesday to get his vascular ulcers under control. They are debating between a simple zinc dressing and what is called a Unna’s boot which is a more intense dressing. Mike has decided that he doesn’t need the Unna’s boot, even though we haven’t met with the wound care nurse yet. In the past he has been labeled as non-compliant and we have been together 11 years, but I’m at my wit’s end with this. His wounds have not healed completely in almost six months and he is digging his heels in on this. I realize that he doesn’t like change, but it would be nice just this once that he would have an open mind to this.
- Dating During Caregiving… (caregiving.com)
- The Sick Caregiver (caregiving.com)
- NJ, NY, CT Family Caregivers Needed for a Documentary (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Caregiver Burn-Out (caregiving.com)
- How Do You Describe Caregiving Responsibilities on Your Resume? (caregiving.com)
- Connect, Admit, Remove (caregiving.com)
- Our Caregiving Garage Sale Is October 19 (caregiving.com)
- Surviving Caregiving: Seven Ways to Set Limits (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: How Do We Define a Primary Family Caregiver? (caregiving.com)
- Your Caregiving Journey: Author Interview- Lisa Ohlen Harris (caregiving.com)