Typically, disruption takes place from technology. I believe technology will impact our health care industry. It’s a group of individuals–like you–who will transform it.
Because of your role in your caree’s care, you disrupt the health care system because you become the provider. You are as valuable in the health care industry as the doctors and nurses, as the hospitals, home care agencies, long-term care facilities. You provide a great value to the industry; your economic value is, at last count, $450 billion. You are the provider, regardless of where your caree lives. You provide what’s needed, through the care you oversee and provide and because you hire the right team, find the right facility and demand the right care.
The delivery of health care starts with you, continues because of you, and ends with you. Without you, our health care system couldn’t afford to continue.
On Friday, November 8, in honor of National Family Caregivers Month, let’s disrupt on Twitter by sharing and showing your caregiving day using this hashtag: #icare. Tell us about what you’re doing throughout your day and share photos that represent a responsibility or a task or a moment. Be sure to include our hashtag (#icare) with each tweet.
If you’d like to read the stories other family caregivers tell, just search our hashtag (#icare).
On Friday, let’s disrupt on Twitter. Let the tweets fly!
- You’ll Be Okay: Godspeed Caregivers Comfort Today’s Family Caregivers (caregiving.com)
- In November, Share Your 10 Best Caregiving Tips (caregiving.com)
- That’s What Family Caregivers Do! (caregiving.com)
- 10 Tips for Caregivers Caring for those with Epilepsy (caregiving.com)
- 10 Tips for Spousal Family Caregivers (caregiving.com)
- 10 Tips for Family Caregivers: Caring from a Distance (caregiving.com)
- Heads-Up About Our Crowdfunding Campaign (caregiving.com)
- 10 Tips for Family Caregivers of Persons with Low Vision (caregiving.com)