On November 2nd, my husband, a friend and I joined a few thousand people to participate in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Huntington Beach, CA. Our team, Where to Next?, raised $2,440.
It was an incredibly beautiful morning; the type that you picture when you think of Orange County, California. The weather was perfect! It was warm, but not hot, with no breeze which is so unusual! Often it’s cold and windy at the beach in the summer so this was incredible for early November. It was such a clear day that you could see Catalina Island, “26 miles across the sea.”
There were 263 teams and a total of 2,766 walkers, who together raised $253,391.74, achieving 96% of the $265,000 goal. One individual raised over $13,000! Very impressive!!
I know our team name is unique. There are a few ways to look at it. Last year we walked at Knott’s Berry Farm, and this year at the beach. Who knows where it will be next year? On a more personal level, we went to NYC and on a cruise for vacation this year, and again, we don’t know what we’re going to do next year, so, well, you get the idea!
Above is a picture of my Champions Medal I received for earning over $500. I raised $990 to be exact! So, where to next?
- “I Don’t Need a Diagnosis to Know She Forgets” (caregiving.com)
- Heads-Up About Our Crowdfunding Campaign (caregiving.com)
- Guidelines Help with Difficult Medical Decisions (caregiving.com)
- The Call For Hospice (caregiving.com)
- 10 Tips for Caregivers: Easy Ways to Renew and Refresh (caregiving.com)
- 10 Tips for Family Caregivers: 10 Great Apps (caregiving.com)
- 10 Tips for Family Caregivers: 10 Steps to a New Beginning (caregiving.com)
- 10 Tips for Caregivers of Those With Brain Injury (caregiving.com)