I’m weary. My younger sister arrives from Florida tomorrow at 3 p.m. Christmas Day with her husband and younger son. She wants Mom’s PCP involved and now I agree. Waiting until next Friday was not advisable. So I made an appointment for my sister, Mom, and me the day after Christmas at 3 p.m. I made an appointment for me with Mom’s PCP – now to be mine also – at 3:15 p.m. I have one terrible cold and I think my blood pressure is sky-high. Maybe my younger sister’s doubts are right and I am not a good caregiver.
I think the point is I don’t want Mom to die and neither does my younger sister. My mom may be dying sooner than later but we are in denial. Today when I begged Mom to take her medication, she said after mocking me for two and a half hours, “Think of me, Gail!”
Maybe hospice will have to be called in Thursday or Friday instead of January 9th. The physical therapist is supposed to discharge Mom on Friday afternoon. One never knows these days what will happen. The agency for the hospice was highly recommended by both our PCP and Denise.
Mom has been shaking violently lately. And is using the transport chair and commode almost all the time. All with my help. I feel helpless. Like I am not good enough. Thank God we have a good CNA now to help us. And we both like her. Mom and me both. But as much as she is a respite for me? Mom wants me to let her go early or for me to do most of the work.
And I am weary. Oh God, I am weary. Please God, help me find the strength to go on helping Mom. I need to. For us both.
- Mom Agreed to Consider Hospice (caregiving.com)
- Is This Heaven Sent? I Sure Hope So! (caregiving.com)
- The Holidays Don’t Feel Like Holidays This Year! (caregiving.com)
- Eliminating a Health Care Provider (caregiving.com)
- Hospital Stay or Hotel California? (caregiving.com)
- Music Is The Best Medicine! (caregiving.com)
- Whose Journey Is It? (caregiving.com)
- The Trifecta of Caregiving (caregiving.com)