I’ve been so tried lately. I cry at the drop of a hat. Our CNA is a godsend! We really like her a whole lot. Well, I slept nine hours last night and feel a whole lot more normal. It is amazing what sleep can do for you.
Today I am phoning a hospice agency. Maybe they can help Mom, too, but at least me ! I want to cherish every moment with Mom no matter how long we have together. Months, a year, or even years! I am blessed to have her in my life. I get to share wonderful times with her!
I don’t even know what hospice involves. I just know I need it.
I remember reading Ira Byock’s book, The Four Things That Matter Most, from our book club on caregiving.com last year. Mom read it too. We both got a whole lot out of it. It spurred on a conversation between us that was priceless. It was about palliative care, something I knew nothing about before reading it the book.
I guess what I am seeking is an outlet to vent or to understand what is going on with Mom now and with me. She has stage four cancer and no hope of chemo anymore. What kind of future do we have? Maybe the hospice agency can help us with all of that.
Oh my! The future! It is scary! To be dreaded and yet enjoyed! I guess it is a combination of both. One never knows, does one? Everything is in question. High anxiety upon my part! Maybe this hospice agency can help us both.
I’ll let you know. Today? It’s the phone call!
- Is This Heaven Sent? I Sure Hope So! (caregiving.com)
- Music Is The Best Medicine! (caregiving.com)
- Whose Journey Is It? (caregiving.com)
- Eliminating a Health Care Provider (caregiving.com)
- 10 Tips for Family Caregivers: Beating the After-Break Break-Up (caregiving.com)
- What Gifts Should Be Under Every Family Caregiver’s Tree? (caregiving.com)
- How Employers Can Help Their Caregiving Employees (caregiving.com)
- On Being an Advocate (caregiving.com)