My Mom said tonight after my younger sister left back for home with her husband and son in Florida, “You are mad at your sister.” I agreed but I am letting it go. They need this process. My older sister, who is spending the three holiday weeks in Honduras with her whole family, phoned and had legal questions too. They have objections but I am letting it go. Mom and I have agreed but maybe I am wrong. How do I know? Our CNA is giving my younger sister sound advice. Thank God.
I don’t even know if we have signed up with Hospice or not. Maybe yes. Maybe no. Anyway, I let my younger sister meet with the Hospice rep tonight to ask their questions as she wished. I will agree. I am tired. I am weary. I can fight no longer. I have wept my last tear and cried out my eyes from arguing with my sister. She has called me crazy. She has called me too involved with my Mom’s care. Etc. Etc. Etc.
I can fight with her no longer. She accuses me of not treating her husband and son right. Not spending enough time with them during this past two and a half days of crazy actions by my mom and my desperate concern for her sanity and health. What can I do? God help me! I am trying the best I can.
Finally she asks me to meet with me with my psychiatrist. I respond I shall ask my doctor if she thinks it is appropriate when I next see her. I am confused.
They are all gone now. Mom says to me,”I’m so glad it is only you and me again Gail.” I agree. It is sweet to hear those words. I love her. She loves me. We are a pair. We understand each other and are taking care of each other. It will be hard when she passes on. But for now, we have one another.
- I Think the Time for Hospice May Be Soon (caregiving.com)
- An RN from Hospice Comes Today (caregiving.com)
- Mom Agreed to Consider Hospice (caregiving.com)
- The Holidays Don’t Feel Like Holidays This Year! (caregiving.com)
- Music Is The Best Medicine! (caregiving.com)
- Whose Journey Is It? (caregiving.com)
- Is This Heaven Sent? I Sure Hope So! (caregiving.com)
- The Trifecta of Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- All Temporary (caregiving.com)