Pain sculpts your face
as your head gently creases the pillow.
You close your eyes and hope for sleep,
I sit near and struggle to breathe.
My impotence suffocates me,
I am drowning.
Life again weighs heavily on us both,
but we will lift it again. Somedays
I lift more, most days you lift it all.
Pain reflects between us
like a candle flame
burns the skin.
Yet we grasp tighter,
hand in hand. Tighter,
Sleep now little one.
Like the sun, I promise to be there when you wake. Like
the sun my promise burns forever,
- Death Rehearsal (caregiving.com)
- A Mini Update (caregiving.com)
- Do You Think Your Wife Is Depressed? (caregiving.com)
- 10 Tips for Family Caregivers: 10 Steps to a New Beginning (caregiving.com)
- The Hard Places (caregiving.com)
- Farewell (caregiving.com)
- Managing Your Caregiving Fears (caregiving.com)
- How Employers Can Help Their Caregiving Employees (caregiving.com)
- Tell Us: What’s Your Theme for 2014? (caregiving.com)