This will be WAY TMI unless you are a caregiver or have interest
in caregiving and desire to learn more.
Don’t say I didn’t give
you fair warning.
You can turn back now and nobody will feel harshly towards you about it.
Ok, I warned you,
Lewy Body comes with a constipation issue. Even though we have tried numerous relieving techniques the fact remains I can’t force my loved one to take them on a daily basis and I won’t change his diet to the extreme which will make him frustrated and angry more than he already is. Thus I supply him his desire for whatever he wants, specifically candy and the consequences that come with it.
We both learned a hard lesson on impaction.
We finally dug around until a solution was found and it all worked out in the end.
We’ll know better next time, I hope.
- Podcast: Table Talk with Bob (caregiving.com)
- Tell Us: How Did You Tell a New Employer About Caregiving? (caregiving.com)
- Friday Video Chat: What If Employers Offered a Caregiving Leave? (caregiving.com)
- How Employers Can Help Their Caregiving Employees (caregiving.com)
- Managing Your Caregiving Fears (caregiving.com)
- 10 Tips for Family Caregivers: 10 Great Apps (caregiving.com)
- Little Difference in Caregiving Responsibilities Between Working and Non-Working Family Caregivers (caregiving.com)
- Dementia, Drumsticks and Dressing (caregiving.com)